Hi! I’m Susan Farrell Bankhead. I am member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and numerous genealogical societies. Some brick walls are created by the researcher’s inexperience, others by a lack of records. In either case, there are things you can do to succeed. My goal for this website is to give you tools to help you break through your brick walls. I would also like to help encourage those of you who are beginners and intermediates by providing some tools and resources for you to use. If you are new to family history research, the “Start” button at the top of the page will give you some ideas of where to start your search.
Education & Coursework Completed:
- Institute of Genealogical Historical Research (IGHR) – Advanced Methodology & Evidence Analysis by Elizabeth Shown MIlls; Writing and Publishing for Genealogists by Thomas W. Jones, PhD
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) – Preparing a Family History in the New Millennium by John Philip Colletta, PhD; Advanced Genealogical Methods, by Thomas W. Jones, PhD; Getting Started with Genetic Genealogy, by Debbie Parker Wayne, CG
- National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR)
- Attended Board for Certification Workshops
- Master of Arts Degree (U.S. History)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (U.S. History)
Onsite Research Experience in Courthouses, Cemeteries, and Historical Societies:
- U.S.: New England, New York, mid-West, and the West
- Canada: Ontario and Quebec
- British Isles: England and Ireland
Share your stories: I’d love to post your genealogy research success stories. Please email them to me at susanbankhead @ msn.com Include the following permissions:
- I permit Susan Bankhead to use my story as a post on the Brick Wall Genealogist website, and permit her to edit or rewrite it as needed.
- I permit Susan Bankhead to use my story in any books published from Brick Wall Genealogist.
- Sign and date your entries. Thank you!
Comment policy: I welcome your comments or questions at the bottom of each post. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments that are profane, hateful, offensive, attacking, spam, off-topic, or detracts from the blog discussion. Comments containing more than three links will automatically be deleted as spam.
Copyright: All blog postings on this site are copyrighted. You may forward blog postings on the blog site to interested parties, but please do not reproduce the contents without securing permission from me.